Women and Fighting
- Dismay over how unequally women’s sports are treated have been widespread. Boxing and other martial arts haven’t really entered the conversation, but this book shows why they should.
- Despite all the other strides feminism has made, we’ve not really been able to contend with female violence: women’s martial arts are regarded warily. Dean considers why this is.
- The interest in wrestler Ronda Rousey suggests that it might be time for things to change.
- Strong reception to the popular Netflix series GLOW suggests audience appeal.
- From A. J. Leibling to Joyce Carol Oates, writers have been fascinated by boxing, but never from the perspective of woman boxers.
- She trains in both Vancouver and San Diego.